For Buffalo, Jamestown, Niagara Falls & Rochester, NY
For over 15 years, the team at Morris Masonry Restoration, LLC has been providing the Buffalo area with a variety of services including basement waterproofing. The reason that basements are vulnerable to flooding is that they are partially, if not fully, built below ground. While most flooding occurs during big rains or rapid snowmelts in the spring, it can occur even during dry weather. A flooded basement can be an absolute nightmare so being aware of the common causes and taking preventative measures is the best way to keep it from becoming a reality.
Reasons Your Basement May Flood
- Poor Basement Sealing – The basement tiles and foundation have not been sealed properly during construction. This is especially important in areas that are prone to heavy rains and severe weather. If the sealing is not done or done incorrectly, water can seep into the basement from ground level over time.
- Drainage Failure – Downspouts are placed too close to the basement wall or they drain towards it, creating seeping into the basement. If the drainage tile system has been incorrectly installed, the basement can experience major flooding during heavy rainstorms.
- Clogged Gutter System – Your gutter system is blocked with leaves, twigs or other debris, which means it isn’t functioning optimally. Gutters are essential to divert water away from the home to keep the basement dry. Regular maintenance on your gutters to maintain clean pathways can help avoid any problems with water collecting on your roof and into your basement.
- Hydrostatic Pressure – Water that cannot drain properly will puddle up in the backfill. The weight of this pushing against your home causes hydrostatic pressure. This pressure will force water into the porous concrete of your foundation and eventually lead to cracks in your basement walls.
- Soil Settlement – Over time, the backfill soil around your foundation will settle and sink in towards it. This creates a slope for water to run down around your basement perimeter. If your gutters aren’t delivering their runoff far enough away from your foundation, this problem may become even worse. Fortunately, you can help partly prevent the issue by adding more dirt where the soil has sunk.
- Hurricanes – Intense storms of this magnitude require special preparations for your home. Even a relatively new basement in solid shape can fall victim to the heavy rain and flooding brought about by a hurricane. Trust our experts to put a reliable waterproofing plan in place!
Benefits of Waterproofing
- Simple waterproofing actions like sealing cracks in the foundation can be effective in preventing basement leaks
- High moisture levels create an unhealthy environment and can lead to mold or mildew. Waterproofing your basement helps prevent mold growth by reducing the moisture level
- Waterproofing your basement will keep your home’s humidity levels consistent so your energy bill doesn’t fluctuate or increase
- Water seepage through the foundation can result in structural damage by affecting the joints and edges where the flooring meets the walls. Waterproofing will protect these areas from excess water and prevent serious structural damage
Rely on our Waterproofing Contractor for Modern Care
At Morris Masonry Restoration, we go the extra mile to ensure that your basement remains dry for years and years to come. In fact, we make use of an array of innovative techniques to provide our Rochester, NY clients with a lasting barrier against exterior moisture. Simply sit back and relax, while our certified technicians address all the specific problem areas that are plaguing your basement.
First, our waterproofing contractor will perform a comprehensive sweep of your property to check for any cracks that may be permitting water to enter your home. From there, we may patch these cracks with hydraulic cement, prior to applying a sealant that will harden and close the concrete pores. After that, we’ll apply a waterproof membrane and a drainage mat, which allows all moisture to travel to a drain structure without causing any structural problems for your home.
Contact our Waterproofing Contractor to Request Assistance
If you’re interested in learning more about our full suite of service options, be sure to contact our certified waterproofing contractor. Our team takes a versatile approach to service, ensuring that property owners throughout the Buffalo, NY region are able to remain protected against excess moisture. In fact, when it comes to basement waterproofing, our experienced technicians can just about do it all.
Take a look at the following section to get a better sense of our current waterproofing services. Not only will our crew help to expand the livable space throughout your home, but you may actually experience health benefits once we eliminate the threat of harmful mold and mildew. Have no doubt, the team at Morris Masonry Restoration offers innovative assistance at some of Western New York’s most competitive rates!
Our Waterproofing Services
- Thru-Wall Flashing systems
- Caulking and Sealants
- Expansion Joint Systems
- New Construction
- Restoration Systems
- Parking Ramps
- Watson Bowman Certified